Example Projects and Materials You can Donate
Here are examples of projects that can produce reusable materials:
- Whole house deconstruction – the removal of all reusable building materials and general content for donation. This includes a wide range of materials, including working appliances and landscaping artifacts.
- Complete gut – usually the removal and donation of everything salvageable except exterior lumber.
- Remodel – selective donation of reusable building materials throughout the structure
- Kitchen and bath remodels – Most people don’t realize that the cost of deconstructing your old kitchen or bathroom is similar to the cost of demolition, making the tax benefits of donating reusable materials highly attractive.
- Exterior hardscape and landscaping projects
- Barn and equestrian facility construction
- Church demolition – older churches being torn down contain great reusable building materials
- Commercial building renovation or demolition
- Tenant Improvements
Need more information? Contact us for a free consultation
Some examples of common reusable building materials:
- Structural iron and steel
- Barn wood
- Excess building materials
- Counter tops
- Plumbing fixtures
- General contents( furniture)
- Stairs, banisters, newels and hand rails
- Brick, pavers and stepping stones
- All lumber over 6ft.
- Interior and exterior doors
- Wood flooring
- Casing and jams