Example Projects and Materials You can Donate
Here are some projects that produce material, personal property, and general content that can be donated:
- Whole house deconstruction – Almost all reusable building materials, general contents, and personal property are candidates for donation. This includes a wide range of materials, working appliances and even landscaping artifacts.
- Complete gut – Usually, everything salvageable except exterior lumber can be donated.
- Remodel – Selective donation of reusable building materials is possible
- Kitchen and bath remodels – Did you know that the cost of deconstructing your old kitchen or bathroom is similar to the cost of demolition? The makes the tax benefits of donating reusable materials very attractive.
- Exterior hardscape and landscaping projects
- Barn and equestrian facility construction
- Commercial building renovation or demolition
- Tenant Improvements
Need more information? Contact us for a free consultation!
Some examples of common reusable building materials:
- Structural iron and steel
- Barn wood
- Excess building materials
- Counter tops
- Plumbing fixtures
- General contents (furniture)
- Stairs, banisters, newels and hand rails
- Brick, pavers and stepping stones
- All lumber over 6ft.
- Interior and exterior doors
- Wood flooring
- Casing and jams
- Personal property
- Area rugs
- Fitness equipment